About the Department
Department ranked one among the top 21 Institutes by AICTE – CII and recognized in PLATINUM CATEGORY
Accredited by NBA in the revised norms since June 2017
Permanent affiliation to Anna University and recognized as Research Centre by the Anna University
15 University rank holders in the past 4 years
Our students actively participate in SAE-BAJA and SUPRA, FFS-FMAE, ISNEE- QUADTORC, GKDC, GOKART and PALS INNOWAH project competitions every year and win individual and team awards
Student’s level projects funded by DST –IEDC, AICTE(RPS), IE(I), TNSCST, IIT PALS and NRDC of worth more than 24 lakhs
Initiated Industrial collaboration with the NORD Drive system, ALFA Machine Tools, Anugraha Castings, EAAGLE VIEW,CDCE Factory Automation and Robotics etc
State-of-the art project and research lab equipped with modern tools like Water Hammer Forming, Extrusion Machine, Stir Casting Machine, Pot Erosion, Corrosion Tester, Computerized UTM, Dual Fuel Engine Setup etc
The department aspires to become a globally recognized centre of excellence by producing competent professionals in Mechanical Engineering to serve as a valuable resource for industry and society.
- Impart intellectually rigorous and holistic education to the students in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Establish state of-the-art facilities for research and consultancy work.
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of the faculty with the latest advancements in the mechanical engineering domain.
- Mentor the students to develop research and entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Inculcate a high degree of professionalism and contribute to the needs of industry and society.
Programme Educational Objectives
The graduates will:
- Excel as competent professional or entrepreneur or researcher in related fields of Mechanical Engineering.
- Analyze, design/develop innovative solutions for real world engineering problems using appropriate modern tools.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude and adapt to the changes in the industry and society supporting sustainable development.
- Lead and manage teams for effective execution of projects.
Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Model, analyze, design and realize physical systems, components or process by applying principles of three core streams of Mechanical Engineering, i.e., Design, Manufacturing, Thermal and Fluid Engineering.
- Apply the knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Ansys, CNC programming, simulation software’s, MATLAB, Machine tool practices, Material & Machine testing, Fluid & Thermal machinery to solve real time Mechanical Engineering problems..
- Engage in lifelong learning and follow professional ethics, codes and standards of professional practices.
|UG (Under Graduate)|
|B.E. – Mechanical Engineering – 4 Years||Regulation – 2017||Regulation 2013|
|PG (Post Graduate)|
|M.E. – Manufacturing Engineering – 2 Years
|Ph.D (Department is recognized as a Research Centre by Anna University)|
|Ph.D / M.S (Full Time) – 2 Years | Ph.D / M.S (Part Time) – 3 Years|