About the Department
- Permanent Affiliation to Anna University and recognized Anna University Research Centre for Ph.D / M.S by Research.
- Accredited by NBA in the revised norms since June 2017.
- Centre of Excellence in Medical Electronics in collaboration with Robert Bosch, Bangalore. – View Report
- Smart India Hackathon –Software Edition (2019) – Second Place for the Students batch of ECE and CSE – View Report
- Tata crucible hackathon 2019 – Third place was won by Students of ECE – View Report
- Winners of “Smart India Hackathon-2018(Hardware Edition)” organized by MHRD & AICTE held at CSIR-CEERI, Pilani, with a cash prize of 1 Lakh rupees.
- Winners of IEEE SS12- Project completion and Maker fair completion, held at Green University, Srilanka.
- Skill Based Training and Value Addition Programs from Electronics For You, NIELIT, BSNL and E-yantra are skill training certification courses offered for value addition.
- More than 10 University ranks and above 80% placement.
- Over Rs.120 lakhs worth funded and consultancy projects from leading organisations and core industries such as ICMR, MSME, CVRDE, DST, ISRO,AICTE, and IEEE-WIE USA
To become a centre of excellence of global significance in Electronics and Communication engineering and producing competent professionals committed to nation building.
- Impart sound knowledge of Electronics and communication through innovative teaching learning process
- Establish laboratories equipped with modern state of art technology resources to facilitate research and consultancy
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of the faculty to incorporate the latest advancements.
- Engage students in participative research through investigation and cognizance of societal and ecological needs
- Inculcate critical thinking, ethical practices, and professional conduct to make competent professionals capable of working in a collaborative environment.
Programme Educational Objectives
|PEO 1||Have a successful career in technical or professional fields|
|PEO 2||Demonstrate technical competence to provide solutions for real time Electronics and Communication engineering problems|
|PEO 3||Exhibit professionalism and ethical attitude in their work|
|PO 1||Graduates will be able to apply mathematics as the tool and the concepts of chemistry, physics, and electricity for Electronics and Instrumentation problem formulation and solutions.|
|PO 2||Graduates will be able to identify and analyze a problem and formulate appropriate solution using the principles of Electronic Devices & Control systems|
|PO 3||Graduates will have mastery of the knowledge in electronics, computer technology, data communication, and industrial instrumentation|
|PO 4||Graduates will be able to solve open-ended technical problems and be proficient in the analysis, design, test, and implementation of instrumentation and control systems utilizing appropriate software and hardware tools and devices|
|PO 5||The graduate will have ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability for providing optimal solutions.|
|PO 6||The graduate will have ability to function with multidisciplinary teams in the cutting edge area of chemical, mechanical, electrical, and electronics etc.|
|PO 7||The graduate will have ability to design and solve engineering problems in advanced field of Instrumentation and process control for real life problems solutions.|
|PO 8||Graduates will be able to understand the value and role of professional organizations as resources for technical information and career direction, be active in networking and community involvements|
|PO 9||An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audience and to work in teams as an individual and as a member or a leader|
|PO 10||Graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply them one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team to manage projects.|
|PO 11||The graduate will have ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools for modeling, design, and simulation systems in the allied areas of Instrumentation|
|PO 12||Graduates will be able to Engage in continuous improvements and self-evaluation, demonstrate a commitment to quality and will have ability to complete work in a timely manner.|
Program Specific Outcomes
|PSO 1||Apply the knowledge of Basic sciences, Electronics and Communication engineering fundamentals and specialization for solving complex problems in Electronics and Communication systems.|
|PSO 2||Design suitable Electronic circuits and communication systems using modern tools such as PSPICE, MATLAB / Simulink, Assemblers, Cadence and NS2.|
|PSO 3||Practice the ethics of their profession with a sense of social responsibility|
|UG (Under Graduate)|
|B.E. – Electronics and Communication Engineering – 4 Years (Established in 1998)||Regulation 2017
|PG (Post Graduate)|
|M.E. – Communication Systems – 2 Years (Established in 2011)||Regulation 2017
|Ph.D (Department is recognized as a Research Centre by Anna University)|
|Ph.D / M.S (Full Time) – 2 Years | Ph.D / M.S (Part Time) – 3 Years|
Dr. Sumathi Poobal, received Best academician AwardIETE – Technomedia Award for Young WomenVenus International Foundations Outstanding Faculty in Engineering AwardDr. Sumathi Poobal, receiving SIIP-2016 Award,
|Name of Faculty||Honour||Institution, Venue||
|IETE-Technomedia Award for Young Women in Engineering(2016)||IETE||2016|
|Award for Professional Achievement (2016) from IEEE Chennai Chapter.||IEEE||2016|
|3||Dr. Sumathi Poobal, Vice-Principal||Award for untiring and dedicated academic contribution at KCG College of Technology as a part Golden Jubilee celebrations of Hindustan Groups of institutions||HIT, Chennai||2016|
|4||Dr. Sumathi Poobal, Vice-Principal||Received SIIP-2016 Award, in the category ‘Industry -Industrial Partnership in Educational Institutions’||Chennai||2016|
|5||Dr. Deepa Jose||IET-Best Guide/Mentor/IET RAC Innovation Challenge, IET, Chennai||HIT, Chennai||2016|
|6||Mr. Thomas Leonide.T||Best Teaching Staff||KCG College of technology||2016|
|7||Ms.Kavitha Balamurugan||Best Teaching Staff||KCG College of technology||2017|
|8.||Ms.Nirmal Devi.K||Remarkable Contribution to the Department||KCG College of technology||2017|
|9||Ms.Vidhya.B||Remarkable Contribution to the Department||KCG College of technology||2017|
|10||Ms.Thyla.B||Remarkable Contribution to the Department||KCG College of technology||2017|
|11||Ms.Jaraline Kirubavathy||Remarkable Contribution to the Department||KCG College of technology||2017|
|12||Mr. Jose Anand||Bharat Vikas Award 2017 by Institute of Self Reliance||Bhubaneswar, Odisha||19 Nov 2017|
|13.||Mr. Jose Anand||Venus International Foundations Outstanding Faculty in Engineering Award VIFA2017 (Venus International Faculty Award 2017)||Green Park Hotel, Chennai||8 July 2017|
|14||Mr.Sadasivam||Best Teaching Staff||KCG College of technology||2018|
|15||Dr.Thulasi Bai.V||Mentor of the winning team in Smart India Hackathon 2018||KCG College of technology||2018|
|16||Ms.Thyla.B||Remarkable contribution to the Institute for mentoring the winning team in SS12-Innovation Challenge 2018 conducted by IEEE Chennai chapter held at Srilanka.||KCG College of technology||2018|
|17||Ms.Jaraline Kirubavathy||Remarkable Contribution to the Department||KCG College of technology||2018|