KCG College of Technology
KCG College of Technology was founded in 1998 to fulfill the Founder-Chairman, Dr. KCG Verghese’s vision of “To Make Every Man a Success and No Man a Failure”. It is a Christian minority institution, affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
KCG College of Technology aspires to become a globally recognized centre of excellence for science, technology & engineering education, committed to quality teaching, learning and research while ensuring for every student a unique educational experience which will promote leadership, job creation, social commitment and service to nation building.
- Disseminate knowledge in a rigorous and intellectually stimulating environment.
- Facilitate socially responsive research, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Foster holistic development and professional competency.
- Nurture the virtue of service and an ethical value system in the young minds.
KCG College of Technology, committed to achieving excellence in technical education and producing responsible citizens and progressive leaders, strives to achieve the institution goal by
- Focusing on the overall development of the students and strengthening their capacities and leadership abilities.
- Creating a conducive environment for effective teaching, active learning and purposeful research.
- Incorporating value-added programmes to the curriculum and improving the job prospects of the students.
- Periodically evaluating the effectiveness of the programmes offered at the institute and responding positively to the needs of the industry.
- Exposing the students to the challenges of the twenty-first century and providing them with opportunities to think innovatively and to demonstrate their entrepreneurship skills to contribute effectively to the growth of the nation, and
- Continuously benchmarking the institution against premier institutions to adopt the best practices for quality improvement..
AFFILIATION & APPROVALS
KCG College of Technology, formerly known as National Institute of Technology and Science is approved by the AICTE, Government of India,New Delhi, vide Lr. No.730-52-307 (E)/ET/97 dated 19-12-1997 and Govt. of Tamil Nadu, vide Lr. No.G.O.Ms.No.109 dated 23-03-1998. The College has been certified as an ISO 9001:2015 Institution.
The college offers ten under-graduate and four post-graduate programmes. Five under-graduate programmes – Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Information Technology (IT) and Mechanical Engineering – are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Five departments – CSE, ECE, EEE, Mechanical Engineering and Physics – have been approved as research centres by Anna University to offer MS (by Research) and PhD programmes.
Under Sections 2(f) and 12 (B) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, KCG College is listed among colleges eligible to receive central assistance (UGC grant) for various projects. The college has been accorded recognition as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (DSIR). The college is an affiliated training center of Skill Council for Green Jobs (SCGJ) by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Government of India.
The campus of KCG College of Technology is beautifully landscaped in a lush green stretch of land spread over 38 acres at Karapakkam, which is about 10 km from Adyar on the Old Mahabalipuram Road, the IT corridor of Chennai. The college operates a fleet of buses connecting all parts of the city for the convenience of the students and staff. Besides this, the college is well connected to different parts of the city by public transport buses.