About the Department
- The Department consists of four divisions: Chemistry, English, Mathematics and Physics
- The Science and Mathematics division of the department provide knowledge on the applications of basic sciences in engineering and technology.
- The division of Physics has been recognized by the Anna University as a research centre providing opportunities for prospective scholars to pursue doctoral research and also promote interdisciplinary research activities.
- The English division focuses on honing the language skills of the students and makes them industry ready by giving training on Soft Skills
- The Mathematics division enhances the analytical and logical thinking of the students by providing training on quantitative aptitude.
- The department encourages every first-year student to become a member of one of the twenty one clubs of the college and participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- The Chemistry division focuses on imparting the knowledge of applied chemistry to students and also stimulates the importance of interdisciplinary research.
|The Physics Division of the Department of Science & Humanities is a Recognized Research Centre by the Anna University & it offers the following Programmes.|
|Ph.D / M.S (Full Time) – 2 Years | Ph.D / M.S (Part Time) (Started in 2015)||Regulation – 2015|
|Student Name||Class||Event and Place||
|Aravind||Mechanical 1st year||1st place in Paper Presentation||International conference and Innovations and Discovery in Science, Engineering and Technology, KCG College of Technology|
|Janhavi||Information Technology 1sy Year||1st Place in Fresh Face||Times of India|
|Janhavi||Information Technology 1sy Year||Jaya Singer||Jaya TV|
|Ameer Hassan||Mechanical 1st year||Photography, 2nd Place||VIT, Chennai|
|Sathish Kumar||Mechanical 1st year||Quiz, 1st Place||Techosummit, Sathaybhama University|
|Milton David||Electronics and Instrumentation 1st year||3rd Place, Judo competition||Anna University Inter Zonal|
|Name of the Applicants/Assignee name||Name of the Inventors||
|1.||KCG College of Technology||Ms Tamilselvi S
Ms Sumathi R
Dr Amrutha R
|IOT integrated Solar Radiation Prediction Using Five Elements of Nature|
|2.||KCG College of Technology||Dr.D.Easu,Dr.R.Amrutha||Suspension system using MRF damper and Hyrbid Magnet|
|3.||KCG College of Technology||Dr.V.Andal||Enhancement of Heat Transfer in Automobile Radiator using CuAl 2 O 4 Nanofluids|
Scholars Pursuing Research with Internal Guides in KCG Research Centre
|Supervisor Name||Name of the Scholar||Working Place of the Scholar||
|1.||Dr R Amrutha||Ms Linu Sam||KCG College of Technology||ManonmaniamSundaranar University|
|2.||Ms Haripriya||AdiPrasakthi Engineering College||Bharathiar University|
|3.||Ms Felcia Merlin||KCG College of Technology||Anna University|
|4.||Ms Thilagavathy||Jerusalam Engineering College||Anna University|