- Research activities in the Department of Aeronautical Engineering are in the form of both academic and sponsored research. The latter is mainly utilized to upgrade laboratory research equipment and facilities. Industrial consultancy is also typically research-based (RBIC).
- In the department 45% of faculty is pursuing research.
- Research projects worth Rs. 15 Lakhs were undertaken, including that of CARS Scheme from DRDL-DRDO.
- Interaction with Sukrahelitek Private Limited and Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology (AirCraft Maintenance) is being carried out.
|HIGH SPEED JET FACILITY||LEAR JET AIRCRAFT||SUBSONIC WIND TUNNEL|
|Computational fluid dynamics||Aerodynamics Laboratory||Low Speed Subsonic Wind Tunnel|
|Vortex methods of fluid flow analysis||Gas Dynamics (GD) Laboratory||Supersonic wind tunnel|
|Wind tunnel testing of Aerospace and Automobile models||Aircraft Structures Laboratory||Supersonic Free Jet Facility|
|Jet mixing and impingement||Flight Integration system and control Laboratory||Cessna 172L|
|Fuel injection strategies||Flight Simulator Laboratory||Learjet 24D|
|Low-density flows||UAV/MAV Laboratory||Flight Simulator Facility|
|Shock waves and hypervelocity flows||Advanced Composite laboratory||UAV and Fixed Wing aircraft Design facility|
|Solid propellant combustion||Aircraft Propulsion Laboratory||Composite fabrication Facility|
|Structural Mechanics and analysis||Aircraft systems and Maintenance Laboratory|
|Analysis of plates and shells|
|UAV Design and Testing|
|Design of Landing system for UAV|
|Autonomous UAV and MAV|
- The research activities in the department are actively performed by the senior professors, faculty of core specialization and also students with faculty mentors.
- The research activates are expected to arrive an efficient output that are beneficial to the society such as sustainable materials, energy optimization, environmental protection, conservation and rehabilitation of natural resources and more.
- Consultancy for Government organizations like ‘Rural Development Department’, ‘Vellore Corporation’, etc., and leading industries like Sundaram Clayton Ltd., Saint Gobain Pvt. Ltd., J. K. Geotech, Harinarayanan Structurals Pvt. Ltd. etc. were carried out by the Department.
- The faculty members submit proposals and have received funded proposals from ‘Department of Science and Technology (DST), AICTE, etc., to promote the laboratory facilities in order to enhance research activity of the department.
Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer | Flame Photometer | Gas Chromatography | UV Spectrophotometer
|Sustainable Concrete and building materials||Computer Aided Designing (CAD) Laboratory||Compression Testing Machine|
|Precast Ferrocement Elements||Concrete and Highway Laboratory||Unconfined Compression machine|
Analytical models for storm water drain
|Soil Mechanics Laboratory||One Dimensional Consolidation Testing Machine|
|Soil stabilization using alternate and sustainable methods||Survey laboratory||Vane Shear Apparatus|
|Traffic Analysis and Pavement Evaluation||Environmental Engineering Laboratory||Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer|
|Ion Selective Electrode|
|Rotary Shaking Machine|
- Our line of research work continues to make its mark in industry as our faculty members, researchers and graduating students establish excellence through their knowledge in adapting to new technologies. The department has grown its programs to extend across business information systems, networking, cyber security, data science, programming and software development, web design and development, as well as game design and development. For those with wider interests, we also focus on innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The Department of CSE has been recognized as a nodal research centre by Anna University, Chennai from the academic year 2015. 60 % of faculty is pursuing research in the department.
- Supported by many inter-departmental collaborations and industry engagements, the Department of CSE at KCG campus is committed to continue to provide endless opportunities embedding in the form of Centre of Excellence.
LIST OF MAJOR SERVERS
|Big data & Machine Learning||Broadly, there are five laboratories||Hadoop||Domain Server – Window Server 2012|
|Networking – CISCO & CYBER Security||Bill Gates Computer Programming Lab||Oracle 12c||Linux Server – Fedora|
|Java Full stack||James Gosling Software Development Lab||Visual Studio||Oracle Server – Oracle 12c|
|Animation & Web Designing||Ada Lovelace Project Lab||NS2||FTP Server – Window Server 2008|
|Alan Turing M.E Lab||Android Studio||Antivirus Server- K7|
|Charles Babage Computer Centre||Net Beans|
- The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is approved as a recognized research centre for doing Ph.D. and M.S. (By Research) programmes by Anna University. There are 3 Supervisors and 14 Scholars Pursuing research in the Research center, and 63% of Faculties are pursuing research in the department.
- Research projects worth more than 2 Crores Rupees have been undertaken by our faculty, including the projects under Department of Science &Technology (DST) Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure (FIST), AICTE, Newton Bhabha Scheme (UK University of LEEDS).
- The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate.
- This laboratory cater to the needs of researchers for pursuing research with the latest state of art of the equipment with an objective to be a vibrant research centre involved in creating an academic environment that is suitable for sustainable research activities, to have industrial tie-up for collaborative research in emerging areas, to deliver the latest research in the field and share the expertise from wind and solar power projects in industry.
|Renewable Energy||AICTE MODROBS supported Advanced Power Electronics lab.||MATLAB / SIMULINK Software||Stepper Motor and its Control|
|Smart Grids and Micro grids||DST Supported Power System Protection Laboratory||LabVIEW Software||BLDC Motor and its Control|
|Energy management system||Renewable Energy Laboratory with 100 kW Grid connected Soar Power Plant||ETAP 14.1.0 (R & D Version) Software||Voltage and Current Sensor Signal Conditioner|
|Energy storage and battery management system||Power System Simulation Laboratory||AU Power Lab Software||Storage Oscilloscopes|
|Electric vehicles||dSPACE Control Work Station||LCR Meter|
|Electrical machines and industrial drives||AC & DC Motor and its Control||Converter / Inverter Modules|
|Power Systems||Clamp Meters||UPS Training Module|
|Power electronics converters, Power quality||DC and AC Machines||UPS Data Acquisition System|
DST Supported Power System Protection Laboratory under FIST Scheme
100 KW Asynchronous Servo Drive System for M/s. Ashok Leyland for their Gearbox Testing.
100kW Grid Connected Solar Power Plant
• The department has been recognized as Research Centre for pursuing research under Ph.D. and M.S. (By Research) programs. There are 11 part time scholars and 3 full time scholars pursuing research in the nodal research center.
• The department has qualified and accomplished supervisors in various domains of Electronics and Communication. Faculty members of this department have considerable academic, industrial and research experience.
• Research funds worth Rs.16 lakhs has been received from ISRO, Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology and AICTE.
• The department has specialists in the fields of Electronics, Communication Systems, VLSI Design, Wireless and Mobile Communication, Medical Electronics and in various other fields.
|Protocol for free space optical (FSO) – MANET networks||S. Chandrasekar EDC Lab||A separate research lab is there especially for research and projects|
|Design of Digital circuits using Reversible logic||Sir JJ Thomson LIC Lab||CADENCE with 10 User license|
|Design of High performance Computing system||Abdul Kalam DSP Lab||ORCAD|
|Reconfigurable Triple Wideband Smart Antenna and Applications of Antenna||SrinivasaRamanujan MP&MC Lab||MATLAB|
|Brain Computer Interface||Sir C V Raman Optical & Microwave Lab||LSIM, NSIM|
|Dr. JagadishChandraBose Communication Lab||Xilinx|
|Dr. Gordon Moore VLSI Lab||MASM|
|Amar G. Bose Research Lab|
|OPTICAL EQUIPMENT||SPECTRUM ANALYZER|
• The infrastructure and lab facilities in the department is adequate to cater to the needs of researchers for pursuing research in Anna University as well as to guide the students to do research projects and consultancy projects.
• The faculties in the department are involved in research in the areas of Process Control, Automation, and Bio Medical Instrumentation.
• About 50% of the faculty is pursuing research in Anna University. They are actively involved in research publications. The department has Anna University research supervisors to guide Ph.D research Scholars.
• The faculty and students have done consultancy projects worth Rs.10 Lakhs titled Poke Yoke system with Barcode automation Inspection Machine to Hyundai Motor India Ltd and TVS head lamp housing assay Machine to TVS Motor Company.
|Process Control & Instrumentation||Virtual Instrumentation Laboratory||MATLAB / SIMULINK Software|
|Artificial Intelligence||Process Control Laboratory||LabVIEW Software|
|Robotics & Automation||Industrial Automation Laboratory|
|Sensors & Instrumentation||Microprocessor & Microcontroller|
|Industrial Instrumentation Laboratory|
The following are the significant findings by our faculty in recent years
- Implementation of IoT in Industrial Automation
- WSN based Irrigation System
LIST OF MAJOR EQUIPMENTS
- Process Stations for Flow, level, temperature
- PH Process Station
- SCADA & PLC for Industry Automation
- MIMO Process Station
- Process Control Trainer Kit
- Industry Level flow control unit
|Poke Yoke system with Barcode automation inspection machine|
|Poke Yoke system with Barcode automation inspection machine||TVS head lamp housing assy Machine with TVS|
• The department laboratories are interconnected through a well-designed seamless network with a bandwidth speed of 100 Mbps to facilitate students’ access to web resources.
• MoUs with NASSCOM, Virtusa, Guires, Pepgra, DELL EMC, Gavs and Servion have been signed to equip the faculty with the latest cutting edge technologies for research and consultancy.
• Supported by many inter-departmental and industry collaboration projects various research publications is being carried out in the department.
|Artificial Intelligence||Steve jobs Information laboratory|
|Internet of Things||Watts S Humphrey Software laboratory|
|Big Data and Data Analytics|
• Research projects worth nearly Rs. 20 Lakhs have been undertaken by our faculty, including the project under the AICTE RPS Scheme.
• The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been recognized as a nodal research centre by Anna University, Chennai from the academic year 2015. At present there are 3 supervisors and 32 research scholars in the research centre.
• Research activities are carried out on Machining, Manufacturing, Metal Joining, Modeling, Artificial Intelligence, Characterization, Supply chain, Materials, Heat Transfer, Alternate Fuels, IC Engines, Solar Energy, Vibration and condition monitoring studies, Hybrid Systems, MRF Dampers, Polymer Composites and Metal Matrix Composites.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering builds on the field’s strong core disciplines to design solutions to modern engineering challenges and applies these core strengths to key thrust areas of great current and future need.
|MAJOR FIELD AREAS||RESEARCH FACILITIES|
|Controls & Dynamics of Complex Systems||Aluminium Stir casting Furnace with Hydraulic power pack|
|Design Energy Science and Technology||Slurry corrosion|
|Green and Sustainable Technologies||Erosion tester|
|Biomechanical Engineering & Health||Hot extrusion die with furnace with Hydraulic power pack|
|Energy Science and Technology||Computer controlled potentiostate Galvanostate & standard corrossion cell kit|
|Micro and Nano Engineering||Hydrogen Duel fuel Engine Setup|
|hydrogen dual fuel engine||pot erosion tester||aluminium stircasting setup||hotextrusion setup|
The faculty of the Department carry out research in diversified fields and publish papers in reputed journals.
The department organized a two days National Conference on Fuzzy Sets and its Applications.
Five faculty members of the Mathematics department are doctorate degree holders. The department has recognized Anna University and Hindustan University research supervisors.
Specific topics of research currently engaged in by our faculty within the above areas of their interests are
• Functional Analysis
• Theoretical computer science
• Fuzzy Analysis
• Fuzzy Models
• Fuzzy Optimization
• Stochastic Models and Queuing Models
• Formal Languages and Automata theory
• Stochastic Models in Manpower Planning
• Operations Research
• Graph Theory.
The department is approved as a recognized research centre for doing Ph.D. and M.S. (By Research) programmes by Anna University.
The faculty of Physics are equipped in various fields of research, publish papers in reputed journals and present papers in conferences. Multidisciplinary Research is also undertaken with inter-departmental collaborations.
|Computational Physics||Non Linear Dynamics|
|Laser||Licensed software of Gaussian 09 and Gaussview 05|
• Herbal Drug efficacy
• Laser Dyes
The Chemistry Division consists of research groups which involve in interdisciplinary research and educational activities. The division focuses on research thrust areas like environment, health, sensor and disease. Faculties are engaged in a wide variety of projects that involve
- The synthesis of nanomaterials with controlled compositions, sizes, shapes, structures, and properties;
- Investigation of the relationships between size, shape, structure, and property;
- The fabrication of electronic/photonic/sensing devices; and iv) the exploration of new applications in catalysis, photonics, information storage, energy harvesting/storage/conversion, environmental science, imaging, and biomedicine.
- The exploration of new applications in catalysis, photonics, information storage, energy harvesting/storage/conversion, environmental science, imaging, and bio medicine
The rigors of chemistry at each level are balanced with a number of other related activities, which include guest lectures, science day celebrations and seminars. The division organized couple of two days National Conference on important themes in the past to discuss and disseminate new and imperative research findings that alleviate the global issues. The faculty has published many research articles in various reputed peer reviewed journals. The faculties with Ph.D in the division are recognized Anna university research supervisors.
|Nanoscience and technology||Hydrothermal autoclave||Environmental and synthesis laboratory|
|Materials Chemistry||Oil Temperature Controller|
Wet Synthesis equipments
The following is a collage of the significant findings by our faculty in recent years
Enhancement of heat transfer in automobile radiator Using CuAl2O4 Nanofluids Biogenic synthesis of metal nanoparticles for potential applications