One of the most important decisions for a student is in pursuing the right course. Equally important is the choice of the right educational institution. KCG College of Technology, an aesthetically designed campus stands apart due to many reasons.
KCG College of Technology is run and managed by highly qualified educationists who are committed to improving the quality of technical education.
KCG College is known for:
- Imparting holistic education. It strives to help each student find meaning in what they do and it instils confidence in them and encourages them to have humanitarian values with which they can connect to the society at large in a meaningful way.
- Focusing on innovation and entrepreneurial skills of the students through Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cells (i-cell and e-cell) which inculcate the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship among students. It’s the first college, under Anna University to launch Government funded Technology Business Incubator (TBI).
Developing the leadership skills of the students through annual Hindustan Young Leaders’ Conference (HYLC), KCG Toast Masters Club and other regular activities.
KCG College is proud of:
- NBA accreditation for five programmes – Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical &Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Centres of Excellence in various technical domains that include KCG-Intel CoE in IoT, KCG-CDCE CoE in Factory Automation and Robotics, KCG-Dell EMC Centre of Academic Excellence in Data Science, KCG-Virtusa CoE in Java & New Age Technologies, KCG-GE CoE in Sub-Station Automation supported under FIST Scheme, KCG-Bosch Bio-Medical CoE, KCG-Bosch CoE in Automobile Engineering, KCG-NSDC CoE in Renewable Energy supported under AICTE- MODROBS, CoE in Simulation Dynamics and Autodesk CoE.
- Industry incubation centres with Zoho, Servion Global Solutions, Virtusa, Data Patterns that creates opportunity for students to get trained in niche technologies.
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) that bring together the students with interest in specific field of engineering and technology and provides them with opportunities to engage in discussions and collaborate in research.
- Training Partners of CISCO, ORACLE, NSDC, MSME, AWS Educate, EFY, e-Yantra, Siemens, GE, Infosys, KKM Soft, BSNL, NIELIT, Eaagle View.
- Student chapters of professional associations like AeSI, IET, IEEE, IAENG, EWB, IE, CSI, ICT Academy, ISTE, IETE, ISOI, ISOC, ISIE, NASSCOM, ASSOCHAM, NPTEL, IIT PALS and CII that initiate students to professional life.
- KCGConnect, our registered Alumni Association has a strong network of alumni who help the institute by delivering guest lectures and conducting various training programmes and mock interviews. Our KCGConnect team has also launched a social outreach wing and is involved in community activities helping the needy people.
- Extension and outreach programs in the neighbourhood community in terms of sensitising students to social issues and holistic development.
- Highly-qualified and well-experienced faculty with strong subject knowledge and intense research interest.
- Excellent infrastructure which include well-equipped laboratories, state-of -the art digital library, smart classrooms, hi-tech seminar halls, Gym, Indoor and Outdoor Sports facilities, secure and comfortable hostels for boys and girls.
KCG College focuses on:
- Improving collaborations with the industry in order to strengthen industry institute partnership and enhance internship and placement opportunities. As a pro-active measure Industry Partnership & Corporate Affairs office has been formed.
- Promoting research by providing support to teacher researchers and research groups.
- Disseminating knowledge in a creative and effective way using the tools of modern technology and making teaching learning process enjoyable.
- Celebrating diversity on the campus by recognizing the uniqueness of individuals.
- Contributing to each individual’s personal growth by enabling them to develop the twenty-first-century skills: 4Cs – Communication, Collaboration, Creativity and Critical Thinking required at the workplace.
- Providing constant support to students to develop their organizational and leadership skills by encouraging them to organise and participate in technical events like symposia, conferences, guest lectures, workshops, etc.
- Counselling the students interested in pursuing higher education by offering them help in their preparation for IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE and GATE through Higher Education Cell.
- Helping students develop their hobbies and passion through different technical and non-technical clubs including KCG Toast Masters club and KCG MUN club.
KCG College’s major achievements include:
- Receiving grants from DST, AICTE, UGC, IET, ICMR, IEI, ISRO etc. for carrying out projects or for organising seminars, workshops and faculty development programmes.
- Enhancing the lab infrastructure with the support of Government under FIST / MODROBS scheme and Industries like Hyundai, Ford, BMW, Benz, Nord Drives etc.
- Achieving excellence by winning several awards including ‘Best Institute Fostering Academia Research Industry Partnership Award’ by the Associated Chambers of Commerce& Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), ‘Best Industry-Linked Electrical Engineering & Allied Institute’ by AICTE-CII, which places the college one among the 22 institutes in India under platinum category.
- Winning prizes by students in technical competitions like Go Kart, Smart India Hackathon, Carbon Zero Challenge, IIT-PALS Innowah, ELECRAMA, NRDC etc, and in sports / cultural events at the national level.