Library & Knowledge Resource Centre
The library is an integral part of intellectual power of our college. Library has an area of 11000 sq.ft and seating capacity for about 150 readers. At present the library houses a collection of above 43,840 books, 905 back volumes, 2629 project reports, previous year question papers and more than 1962 multimedia packages like CD’s and DVD’s. The library subscribes to 127 print journals, 36 magazines and 6 newspapers. Digital library services unit has 18 advanced Apple computers and 12 i-pads with high speed internet connection. Our library acquires more than 1000 books every academic year. Our library subscribes to E-Resources Packages such as IEEE Journals online, ASME Mechanical Package, ASCE Civil Package, Elsevier Journals Package, Springer online journals, ASTM Digital Library, McGraw Hill Reference and E- Books. Knowledge exploration happens as around 300 students use the library every day. Also our college Library has institutional membership with Anna University Library, British Council Library, American Library , DELNET , MALIBNET and NDL(National Digital Library).
- Strict silence should be observed inside the library.
- Library functions from Monday to Friday from 08.30 am to 07.00 pm and Saturday from 08.30 am to 12.30 pm. The library remains closed on Sundays and government holidays
- Library users should sign the gate register before entering the library.
- Users are required to deposit their bags / belongings at the personal belongings rack.
- Students must wear their ID cards when they are inside the library.
- Students will be allowed to make use of the reference books in the library only on submission of the identity card.
- Misuse of library facilities is an offence and calls for punishment as decided by the competent authority.
- Users are required to keep the library neat and tidy.
- Mobile phones are to be switched off in the library.
- Students may approach the librarian and other members.
- Users should verify the physical condition of the books (for missing pages, chapters, pictures, etc.) before borrowing the books.
- Users can borrow books as per the following norms:
Sl.No. Particulars No. of Books Lending Period 1 UG Students 4 15 days 2 PG Students 7 30 days 3 Teaching Staff 8 90 days 4 Non Teaching Staff 4 30 days
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
In case of delay, a late fee of Re.1/- will be charged per day
- The loan period may be renewed for the period of another fortnight. Books can be renewed if there are no reservations.
- Books that are in special demand, the borrower will have to return them immediately..
- Books will have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Only one copy of a book will be issued to a user.
- All members are hereby informed that they must replace the library resources like books, CDs, DVDs, question papers, periodicals etc., if that are lost or damaged. However, in case of internal / external members, if they are not able to replace the above mentioned items (original), they are required to pay three times of the latest price of the resources including processing charges and overdue charges if any. Loss of book(s) must be reported immediately.
- No book in damaged condition will be accepted from the borrower; the book will have to be replaced by the borrower.
- Reference books, projects, back volumes of journals, Journals, magazines are only for reference and will be issued only for overnight during working days.
- When the students finally leave the college, they should return all the library books borrowed by them. They should obtain ‘No Dues’ certificate from the librarian before collecting the certificate from the office.
- Students must write their names and registration numbers in the library register book both while entering and leaving the digital library.
- They should use the Internet for only education, training, placement and publication purposes.
- Students are not allowed to use the digital library during class hours.
- The systems and accessories should be handled properly.
- Downloading of software, songs, and unauthorized files is strictly not allowed.
- Students are not allowed to change the settings of the system.
- Unnecessary movement of the monitor or CPU is strictly prohibited.
- CD / DVD / PEN DRIVE can be used with special permission from the librarian.
The library department also runs the Hindustan Book Bank Scheme for the students. Hindustan Book Bank Scheme is a library that allows students to borrow books which they can keep for the entire semester. When the next semester begins, the books borrowed must be returned and the next set of books can be borrowed.