The NSS Unit was started in our college in the year 2004. Since then it has been a vibrant and active unit.National Service Scheme (NSS) of KCG has been rendering yeoman service to the society. NSS has been functioning as a regular feature in the realm of our university education. The overall objective of the scheme is educational and service to the community. It is a student–centered programme in which projects are implemened by the NSS volunteers in the community in close collaboration with the clientele community and thereby it provides vast scope for the students’ interaction with the people.
While interacting with the community the students learn many things which they cannot learn from theory classes. The NSS scheme is aimed at developing the overall personality of the students in such a way so that the students emerge as responsible individuals encompassing the virtues of life . NSS volunteers are an asset to the society. Students through the NSS activities are engaged in actual work not only within the university campus but also their services extend to neighbouring schools and colleges. The aim of NSS is to develop a sense of service, team spirit and dignity of labour. The various programmes conducted by the NSS have brought about a remarkable change in their outlook and their attitude towards life and society.
NSS Unit conducted one week special camp at Karapakkam Panchayat School which included a motivation programme, medical camp (first-aid awareness), computer awareness training programme, campus cleaning work, where more than 200 students were benefitted.
NSS Unit & Youth Red Cross of KCG, Y’s Men Club of Mylapore & Lions Club of Golden Bharath conducted a Blood Camp on 30.08.2013 in KCG Campus
- Blood Donation Camp – Report on 30.0.2013
- A Blood Donation Camp was organized jointly by Y’S Men club of Mylapore, KCG NSS unit & YRC Lions club of Bharath. Nearly 157 Units of blood were donated by our students on 11.03.2010. Each Blood Donor was given separate Lions Bank membership card.
- A seminar on “Donate Eyes, Gift Sight” was organized by KCG NSS unit & YRC on 09.09.2009. About 80 Students participated in this Seminar.
- “Tree Plantation” was organized by KCG NSS unit & YRC on 09.09.2009. NSS Volunteers planted the plants in our campus.
- NSS Unit of KCG celebrated Independence Day with all our college Staff and Students. March past, flag hosting and cultural events marked the occasion.
- A ‘Cancer Awareness and Hepatitis Camp’ was organized by KCG NSS unit & YRC on 08.09.2009. About 80 students participated in this program.
NSS Annual Report (2015-2016)
|S.NO||DATE||NAME OF PROGRAMME|
|1||21.06.2015||International Day of Yoga|
|Swachh Bharat Abhiyan|
|3||11.07.2015||Helmet Awareness Programme|
|4||24.08.2015||Documentary Film – Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi|
|6||04.09.2015||Blood Donation Camp|
|7||15.10.2015||Youth Awakening Day|
|8||8.12.15 to 12.12.15||KCG Relief Camp|
|10||03-03-2016||Tree Plantation Programme|
|11||24.03.16 to 30.03.16||NSS Special Camp|
NSS and YRC Unit of KCG College of Technology conducted the International Day of Yoga Programme on 21.06.15 at campus in Mother Teresa Block at 6.00 AM. The programme was inaugurated by the Principal. The yoga masters taught various yoga positions to the staffs and students of the college.
NSS Unit and various department of KCG College of Technology conducted the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Programme on 22.06.15 to 26.07.15 at campus . The programme was inaugurated by the Principal and students & staff actively participated in swacch campus program to clean up the campus premises and surroundings.
NSS Unit & Youth Red Cross of KCG College of Technology conducted Helmet Awareness on 11.07.2015 in campus Mirza seminar theater started at 10.00 AM. The programme was inaugurated by the Principal and chief guest . The chief guest for this programme is Mr.S.Venkatraj , Inspector of Police Traffic, Thoraipakkam , Chennai. Chief Guest talk to advised all of them to follow the traffic rules as well to take safety precautions while driving vehicles, especially two wheelers should wear the helmets while driving.
NSS and YRC Units of KCG College of Technology, Karapakkam, Chennai Organized the Documentary film about Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi was screened at Mirza hall on 24.08.2015.
NSS Unit &YRC of KCG College of Technology Celebrated Independence Day with all our college Staff and Students. March past, flag hosting and cultural events were celebrated.
NSS and YRC Units of KCG College of Technology, Karapakkam, Chennai Organized Blood Donation Camp in association with Y’s Men Club of Mylapore and Lions Club of Golden Bharath on 04.09.2015 in the College Campus. 50 Units of Blood were Collected from the Student and Staff of the College.
NSS Unit & Youth Red Cross of KCG College of Technology conducted Celebration of Birthday of Bharat Ratna Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam on 15.10.2015 as YOUTH AWAKENING DAY at campus Mirza seminar theater started at 10.45 AM. The programme was inaugurated by the Principal. The chief guest for this programme is Pro.Dr.S.E.Revathi Kirubakaran, Department of English,Govt.Arts College for Men (Autonomous),Nandanam, Chennai.Students listened Chief Guest talks on how the late President inspired the current generation of youngsters as a role model.
Chennai saw its worst ever rainfall in 100 years, the city and its suburbs were pounded with heavy rainfall. 1000’s were stranded and needed help. KCG College of Technology under the guidance of the CEO& Director of KCG College of Technology, a team of KCGians actively involved themselves in the relief activity, The Principal, Vice Principal, HODs, staff and students participated in the process of sourcing, packing and distributing the relief material to the needy.
NSS Unit &YRC of KCG College of Technology Celebrated Republic Day with all our college Staff and Students. March past, flag hosting and cultural events were celebrated.
Tree plantation programme was conducted by the KCG College of Technology NSS and YRC on 03-03-2016. The programme was inaugurated by the Vice-Principal Dr.Sumathi Poobal at 10.00 am. NSS volunteer have planted about 75 sampling trees in our campus.
NSS Special Camp was Organized for 07 days from 24.03.16 to 30.03.16 at Perungudi Village Panchayat School. There are 50 NSS Volunteers from college were attended in the Special Camp. In addition to that, 200 students from Perungudi Panchayat schools were helped the volunteers. The following activities were conducted during this Camp.
- Inauguration Programme by T.Rengaraja ,Principal,KC Tech and Head Master Perungudi Panchayat School.
- Motivation Programme for Students by A.Balaji and Mr.R.Siva, KCG College of Technology, Chennai-97.
- NSS Volunteers donated Stationary items to 25 Students of “ Perungudi Panchayat School“
- Computer awareness training program was arranged by NSS Volunteers. More than 200 school students were benefited by this program.
- School Campus Cleaning work were done by NSS Volunteers including Temple and Street.
- Planting Tree samples in Perungudi Panchayat schools.
- Conducted various sport events for students of Perungudi Panchayat School.
- Valedictory function was Conducted in the last day of the Camp.