About the Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1998. Electronics and Communication Engineering is a branch of engineering that is rapidly advancing field, with new ideas emerging every day, from mobile phones to remote sensing, there are exciting avenues to explore. With technology becoming all pervasive in everyday life, opportunities for electronic engineers are plenty.
The department offers under graduate programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering and two post graduate programmes in M.E (Communication Systems) and M.E (VLSI Design).
The post graduate programme M.E (VLSI Design) was started in the year 2007 and has an intake of 24 students .Later in the year 2011, M.E (Communication Systems) was started and has an intake of 18 students.The department has been recognised as Research Centre for pursuing research under Ph.D. and M.S. (By Research) programmes.
The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering has faculty members with a blend of youth and experience. All the faculty members of the department are post graduates, some of them from eminent institutions like IIT. The department has qualified and accomplished doctorates in various domain of Electronics and Communication. Faculty members of this department have considerable academic, industrial and research experience. The department has specialists in the fields of Electronics, Communication Systems, VLSI Design, Wireless and Mobile Communication, Medical Electronics and in various other fields.
The department is well known for imparting a strong theoretical and practical foundation in the subject. It has well equipped state of art laboratories. Various Innovative teaching learning process and regular assignments are used to instil in the student a thorough grasp of the fundamentals. With the support of faculty, students are familiarized with cutting edge research and industrial requirements. Besides strong academic inputs, the students are encouraged to do mini projects and gain hands on experience with the hardware and software tools.
The department understands the needs of the industry and strives to produce quality engineers with professional orientation. The ambition of the department is to provide quality education and up to date information to the students, so that they find a place in the fast changing industry.
Professional bodies enrich the quality of professional education. Department of ECE is closely associated with the IEEE Madras Section and IETE Chennai Centre in conducting workshops, seminars and conferences which provide the forum for the students to be a participant, organizer and a resource person.
To become a center of excellence of global significance in Electronics and Communication engineering and producing competent professionals committed to nation building.
- Impart sound knowledge of Electronics and communication through innovative teaching learning process
- Establish laboratories equipped with modern state of art technology resources to facilitate research and consultancy
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of the faculty to incorporate the latest advancements
- Engage students in participative research through investigation and cognizance of societal and ecological needs
- Inculcate critical thinking, ethical practices, and professional conduct to make competent professionals capable of working in a collaborative environment.
Scope of the Department and Course
Taking educational scope into consideration, today’s world is coming up with new technological advancements every day. These new developments are done by the engineers turned scientists. In bringing their own thoughts in the world’s next brilliant technological advancement and this path can be achieved by producing quality Electronics & Communication Engineers. In-depth knowledge is required for such tasks and this further divides Electronics & Communication into various sub fields. This field has a great scope in India & other countries.
Having a further look at the career prospects, there is bound to be huge demand for competent engineers in electronic industry to cope this demand in technology. The engineers would be involved in sustaining cutting edge technology to stay ahead in competition.
- An electronic engineer can find a job in Consumer electronics manufacturing organization , Telecommunication & IT industries, Health care equipment manufacturing , Mobile communication(2G,3G,4G,5G), Internet technologies, Power Electronics, and other industries like steel, petroleum and chemical industry, directing control and testing production process.
- Electrical Technicians and technologists can specialize in technical sales, product representation, systems management, the design and manufacture of electronic devices and systems, or the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and equipment.
- They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing, industrial control, telecommunications, aeronautical and military fields.
ECE also have several job openings & good pay-packages as compared to other branches.
- Electronics and Communication Engineers are acquired by top recruiters (both private and government) like DMRC, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, BEL, ISRO, DRDO, Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, NVidia, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Conexant, MTNL, AIR, BSNL, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, Railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd , Flextronics ,Philips Electronics and so on.
All these developments have been fuelled by advances in communications technology. new protocols and coding schemes, new ways to represent video, images and speech as data, new means of delivering this information to users via cable, fibre, and increasingly via radio are constantly being emerged. These developments are, in turn, based on sound engineering principles.
If you are Interested in Electronics and Communication Engineering then KCG can fulfill your dreams and make your career at top Level. KCG College of Technology is one of the best colleges in Chennai and is coming out to be one of the leading technical campuses.