The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1998. Electronics and Communication Engineering is a branch of engineering that is rapidly advancing field, with new ideas emerging every day, from mobile phones to remote sensing, there are exciting avenues to explore. With technology becoming all pervasive in everyday life, opportunities for electronic engineers are plenty.
The department offers under graduate programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering and two post graduate programmes in M.E (Communication Systems) and M.E (VLSI Design).
The post graduate programme M.E (VLSI Design) was started in the year 2007 and has an intake of 24 students .Later in the year 2011, M.E (Communication Systems) was started and has an intake of 18 students.The department has been recognised as Research Centre for pursuing research under Ph.D. and M.S. (By Research) programmes.
The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering has faculty members with a blend of youth and experience. All the faculty members of the department are post graduates, some of them from eminent institutions like IIT. The department has qualified and accomplished doctorates in various domain of Electronics and Communication. Faculty members of this department have considerable academic, industrial and research experience. The department has specialists in the fields of Electronics, Communication Systems, VLSI Design, Wireless and Mobile Communication, Medical Electronics and in various other fields.
The department is well known for imparting a strong theoretical and practical foundation in the subject. It has well equipped state of art laboratories. Various Innovative teaching learning process and regular assignments are used to instil in the student a thorough grasp of the fundamentals. With the support of faculty, students are familiarized with cutting edge research and industrial requirements. Besides strong academic inputs, the students are encouraged to do mini projects and gain hands on experience with the hardware and software tools.
The department understands the needs of the industry and strives to produce quality engineers with professional orientation. The ambition of the department is to provide quality education and up to date information to the students, so that they find a place in the fast changing industry.
Professional bodies enrich the quality of professional education. Department of ECE is closely associated with the IEEE Madras Section and IETE Chennai Centre in conducting workshops, seminars and conferences which provide the forum for the students to be a participant, organizer and a resource person.
To become a center of excellence of global significance in Electronics and Communication engineering and producing competent professionals committed to nation building.
- Impart sound knowledge of Electronics and communication through innovative teaching learning process
- Establish laboratories equipped with modern state of art technology resources to facilitate research and consultancy
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of the faculty to incorporate the latest advancements
- Engage students in participative research through investigation and cognizance of societal and ecological needs
- Inculcate critical thinking, ethical practices, and professional conduct to make competent professionals capable of working in a collaborative environment.
- B.E(ECE)- – 4 Years
- M.E(Communication Systems) -2 Years
- M.E(VLSI Design) -2 Years
- MS (By Research)/Ph.D
Programme Educational Objectives
The graduates after completion of the degree will
|PEO 1||Have a successful career in technical or professional fields|
|PEO 2||Demonstrate technical competence to provide solutions for real time Electronics and Communication engineering problems|
|PEO 3||Exhibit professionalism and ethical attitude in their work|
At the end of the program the student will be able to
|PO1||Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.|
|PO2||Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.|
|PO3||Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.|
|PO4||Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.|
|PO5||Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.|
|PO6||Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.|
|PO7||Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.|
|PO8||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.|
|PO9||Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.|
|PO10||Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.|
|PO11||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.|
|PO12||Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.|
Program Specific Outcomes
The graduates after the completion of B.E Electronics and Communications will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of Basic sciences, Electronics and Communication engineering fundamentals and specialization for solving complex problems in Electronics and Communication systems.
- Design suitable Electronic circuits and communication systems using modern tools such as PSPICE, MATLAB / Simulink, Assemblers, Cadence and NS2
- Practice the ethics of their profession with a sense of social responsibility
Scope of the Department and Course
Taking educational scope into consideration, today’s world is coming up with new technological advancements every day. These new developments are done by the engineers turned scientists. In bringing their own thoughts in the world’s next brilliant technological advancement and this path can be achieved by producing quality Electronics & Communication Engineers. In-depth knowledge is required for such tasks and this further divides Electronics & Communication into various sub fields. This field has a great scope in India & other countries.
Having a further look at the career prospects, there is bound to be huge demand for competent engineers in electronic industry to cope this demand in technology. The engineers would be involved in sustaining cutting edge technology to stay ahead in competition.
- An electronic engineer can find a job in Consumer electronics manufacturing organization , Telecommunication & IT industries, Health care equipment manufacturing , Mobile communication(2G,3G,4G,5G), Internet technologies, Power Electronics, and other industries like steel, petroleum and chemical industry, directing control and testing production process.
- Electrical Technicians and technologists can specialize in technical sales, product representation, systems management, the design and manufacture of electronic devices and systems, or the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and equipment.
- They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing, industrial control, telecommunications, aeronautical and military fields.
ECE also have several job openings & good pay-packages as compared to other branches.
- Electronics and Communication Engineers are acquired by top recruiters (both private and government) like DMRC, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, BEL, ISRO, DRDO, Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, NVidia, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Conexant, MTNL, AIR, BSNL, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, Railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd , Flextronics ,Philips Electronics and so on.
All these developments have been fuelled by advances in communications technology. new protocols and coding schemes, new ways to represent video, images and speech as data, new means of delivering this information to users via cable, fibre, and increasingly via radio are constantly being emerged. These developments are, in turn, based on sound engineering principles.
If you are Interested in Electronics and Communication Engineering then KCG can fulfill your dreams and make your career at top Level. KCG College of Technology is one of the best colleges in Chennai and is coming out to be one of the leading technical campuses.
Microprocessor & Microcontroller
Students are given extensive training in 16 bit microprocessors and micro controllers in this laboratory. Individual attention is given to each student by providing each student with a separate micro processor. This gives each student tremendous knowledge to write the coding independently and to master the programming. Stepper Motor operation, Interfacing of various peripherals and the use of PC as a development tool helps the student carry out real time experiments.
Digital Signal Processing Lab
Exhaustive training is given on different signal processing techniques in this laboratory. TMS 320C50 processor is given for training. Lucid demonstrations by experienced faculty members help the students to grasp the subject and conduct the experiment with confidence. The latest trainer kits are provided and students are taught in this lab to generate various signals, study and compare different filters characteristics. Students are provided an opportunity to work with Matlab for better understanding of the concepts involved in digital signal processing.
Linear Integrated Circuits Lab
Students are taught how to design and construct electronic building blocks using Integrated circuits. The experiments cover simple experiments to tough assignments in designing and testing linear integrated circuit circuits. Circuits like differentiator, integrator, low pass, band pass and high pass filter circuits, multivibrators, oscillators, PLL and SMPS are studied extensively both by simulation using L SIM and N SIM and p-SPICE software in the computer system as well as using the hardware.
In this lab students learn to program in Verilog and VHDL languages. Students learn to construct and test various basic VLSI circuits starting from adder, multiplier, ALU and, counters, to complicated design problems. They are also taught SPICE simulation to understand various analog and digital circuits and their characteristics. They are taught advanced VLSI design such as synthesis of PNR, Layout of CMOS Inverters, configuration of all blocks, layout generation etc. using Orcad, Xilinx ISE, Cadence software tools and sophisticated equipments including FPGA Spartan Kit and 100 M Hz Oscilloscope.
Students learn the basics of electronics in this lab. They are taught how to check electrical and electronic components such as resistors, inductors, capacitors, transformers, diodes, transistors, JFET, UJT, SCT etc and find their characteristics. Amplifiers, Oscillators and their different configurations are constructed by the students and tested. Analog and digital electronic circuits are covered extensively using discrete components as well as Integrated Circuits. P-SPICE, L SIM and N SIM software are used for simulation training. This lab encourages students to construct various interesting and novel electronic circuits.
Communication Systems Lab
Modulation and demodulation techniques are taught in this laboratory, using AM, FM, PPM, PCM, PWM, TDM, DM, ADM, ASK, FSK, PSk and QPSK kits. Students are made to construct circuits by themselves and test their circuits using discrete components, so as to reinforce what they have learnt in theory. Experiments include all modulation techniques of analog, digital and mixed signals and data using MATLAB.
Microwave & Optical Lab
In depth knowledge in Microwave Engineering is provided in this laboratory with the help of Microwave Benches. Experiments conducted include E pain Tee, H Plain Tee, S Matrix calculation, Radiation Pattern of Horn & Parabolic Antenna. Gunn Diode and Reflex Klystron are given for training the students in finding the VI, Mode and Power Characteristics and VSWR Measurements. In the Optical Electronics laboratory Fiber Optic experiments are covered in detail using sophisticated test equipments.
Computer Networks Lab
Networking topologies are taught in this laboratory using computer systems for all the experiments. Students are made to transmit data packets containing different information and receive the same through different topologies and analyze the merits and demerits of each method, using LAN Trainer, DCT Trainer kits. L SIM & N SIM Software are used for training the students on Serial & Parallel Communication, Token Bus, CSMA / CD and various other protocols.
All the laboratories are equipped with the state of the art testing and measuring instruments. This includes CRO, Function Generator, Storage Oscilloscope, LCR Bridge, Decade Boxes, Microwave Test Benches, Spectrum Analyzer and many more sophisticated equipments.
MATLAB, Xilinx, LAN Trainer, P-Spice, Orcad, L-Sim, N-Sim, DCTand TMS320C50 DSP Processor.
Faculty Details-ECE Department
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Mail ID|
|1||Dr. Thulasi Bai||Professor &HODemail@example.com|
|2||Dr. Sumathi Poobal,||Professor & Vice Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Raja Paul Perinbam||Professoremail@example.com|
|4||Dr. Subbaroyan V||Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Mrs.Kavitha Balamurugan||Associate Professoremail@example.com|
|7||Dr. Deepa Jose||Associate Professor||Deepa.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Mr. Jose Anand||Associate Professoremail@example.com|
|9||Ms. G.Renganayaki||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|10||Ms. Nirmala Devi||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||email@example.com|
|11||Ms. B. Thyla||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|12||Ms. Vidhya B||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||Vidhya.email@example.com|
|13||Mr. M.Md Yaseen||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|14||Mr. Thomas Leonid||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||email@example.com|
|15||Mr. Sadasivam||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|16||Ms. S. Abida Begum||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||email@example.com|
|17||Ms. Arul Flora||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|18||Mr. Rajagopal R||Assistant Professor(Sen-Gr)||email@example.com|
|19||Ms. Jaraline Krupavathy||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|20||Mr. Sivachandar K||Assistant Professoremail@example.com|
|21||Ms. Shiju C Chaco||Assistant Professor||Shiju.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|22||Ms. Jeena Maria Cherian||Assistant Professor||Jeena.email@example.com|
|23||Ms. Felcy Jeba malar M||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|24||Ms. Aida Jones||Assistant Professoremail@example.com|
|25||Ms. Feba Sosa Abraham||Assistant Professor||Feba.ece@kcgcollege,com|
|26||MS. Saranya G||Assistant Professor||Saranya.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|28||Ms.Majel Monisha||Assistant Professor||Monisha.email@example.com|
|29||Ms.Donna Miriam Roy||Assistant Professor||Donna.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|30||Mr.Asborn T||Assistant Professor||Asborn.email@example.com|
Students Workshop organised
Various workshops were conducted in the Department of ECE for the benefit of the students to develop their academic knowledge.
|1||Soldering Practice and running light project||KCG college of Technology||5 Aug 2015|
|2||Hands on training on IOT||Dr.MRG Educational and Research institute||29 July 2016|
|3||Mobile handset servicing||KCG college of Technology||25 Feb 2016|
|4||Workshop on Arduino||EFY-KCG Tech center||21 & 22 Jan 2016|
|5||Workshop on Arduino||EFY-KCG Tech center||5 & 6 Feb 2016|
|6||Certificate course on Robotics and Embedded systems||KCG College of Technology||2,3 & 4 Mar 2016|
|7||Workshop on PCB||EFY-KCG Tech center||4 & 5 Mar 2016|
|8||Workshop on PCB||EFY-KCG Tech center||8 & 9 July 2016|
|9||Workshop on Arduino||EFY-KCG Tech center||22 & 23 July 2016|
|10||Workshop on PCB||EFY-KCG Tech center||17 & 18 Aug 2016|
|11||Certificate course on Robotics and Embedded systems||KCG College of Technology||18-20 Aug 2016|
|Date||Title of the Guest Lecture||Class||Resource Person/Company|
|06.07.2016||Higher Education and Career opportunities||III Yr A & B||Mr. Kumar, Gate Academy, Chennai|
|12.07.2016||Cognitive Radio Concepts||IV Yr B||Dr. K. Mourougaynee, Scientist, SAMEER, Perungudi, Chennai|
|13.07.2016||Internet of Things||IV Yr A and B||Dr. Swarna Ravindra Babu, Chairman, IETE Chennai.|
|14.07.2016||Challenges in Analog IC Design||IV Yr A and B||Dr. D. Meganathan, Assistant Professor, MIT, Chennai.|
|25.07.2016||Digital Signal Processing using MATLAB||III YR A and B||Mr. E. Arun Kumar, Vice President, Retech Solutions Pvt Ltd. Chennai|
|03.08.2016||Recent Trends in Antenna Design||III YR A and B||Dr. P. Hanumantha Rao, Scientist, Sameer, Chennai|
|04.08.2016 & 05.08.2016||MATLAB for Engineering Applications||50 Students of ECE||Dr. Ponsy R. K. Sathia Bhama,
Ms. Nancy Joe, MIT Chennai
|S NO||Batch||Date of Visit||Place of Visit||No of Students||Staff Accompanied|
|1.||4 A||23-03-2016||Doordharshan||111||Ms.Felcy Jeba Malar|
|3||3 M.E(CS)||09-03-2016||NIOT||11||Mr.Jose Anand|
|4||6A||23-03-2016.||ISRO, Sriharikotta||60||Ms.Felcy Jeba Malar|
|9||5A &5B||18.8.16||Keltron||98||Mr.Jose Anand,Ms.Saranya,
Internship/In plant training
|1||Akash||Chennai port Trust||23.6.16 to 28.6.16|
|2||Ansu Thomass||VI Micro Systems||27.06.16 to 01.07.16|
|3||Mahalakshmi||VI Micro Systems||27.06.16 to 01.07.16|
|4||Lavanya M||VI Micro Systems||27.06.16 to 01.07.16|
|5||Hari Sreenivalsalu V||Flextronics Technologies||22.06.16 to 29.o6.16|
|6||Balaji V||BSNL||21.12.15 to 26.12.16|
|7||Balaji V||Spiro Solutions||17.06.16|
|8||Balaji V||Chennai port Trust||23.06.16 to 28.06.16|
|9||Adithya Srinivasan||Harita Fehrer Limited||25.7.16 to 26.7.16|
- Arun Raj.A,Balavannan and AravinthKumar.V of Final year A section has participated in the SLC at 6thInternational Project Competition &Exhibition, Veltech Dr.Rr & Dr.Sr.Technical University, on Date-23-24 February 2016, First prize of Rs. 10,000/-.
- Praveen Kumar.S, Sanjay, Parthiban and Sathitha Banu of 5B of Electronics and Communication Engineering have won Kalam Young Achiever Award 2016 for the project which most demonstrates an aptitude for engineering on 15 Oct 2016 at Anna University CEG campus, Chennai. The title of the project was “IoT Based Non-Invasive health monitoring” which was organized by World Youth Federation. This project was one among the 50 projects which was shortlisted from 850 projects.
- Students of ECE department have presented papers in various conferences.To list a few,
- R.Adhithya has presented a paper titled Dynamic MultiLevel Priority Based Packet Scheduling to Improve the Lifetime in MANET in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Suganya Hepzi Jeba has presented a paper titled “Priority based Multi Sensor Technique in Wireless Sensor Networks in the International conference on Emerging and recent technology(ICERT 2016) held at Sree Sastha College of Engineering on 2 April 2016.
- Rose Hashmi has presented a paper titled “Energy based failure identification and healing for structural Health Monitoring “in the International conference on Emerging and recent technology(ICERT 2016) held at Sree Sastha College of Engineering on 2 April 2016.
- P.Soundharya and Ms.C.Suganthi of KCG College of Technology have participated in Paper presentation in National Level Technical Symposium IMPULSE-2K16 held at Chennai Institute of Technology on 3rd March,2016.
- Revathi K of KCG College of Technology has prepsented a paper titled MIMO Self-Heterodyne OFDM using Relay Path Analysis in the “IET Sponsored Fifth National Conference on Recent Advancements in Signal Processing And Communications(NCRASPC-2016)”at R.M.K College of Engineering And Technology on 7th March,2016.
- V.Nithya from KCG College of Technology has presented a paper titled Dual-Wide band and Triple wide band LTE Antennas for Tablet Computers:A Survey in the national conference on Computing Communication and information technology(N3CIT) at T.J.S Engineering College on 7th April‘2016.
- Rose Hashmi of Kcg College of Technology has presented paper titled “Energy based failure identification and healing for structural Health Monitoring” in the International Conference on Advances in Emerging Technology 2016 (ICAET 2016) held at Jaya Engineering College on 07, May’16.
- Suganya Hepzi Jeba of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “Mobile Data Gathering using Multisensor Technique in Wireless Sensor Network in in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Sibil Joseph of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “Efficient Handoff Based Privacy Presentation for VANET” in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Priya Thomas of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “Rank based Routing under Blind Information for Cognitive Radio ADHOC networks” in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Priyanka of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “ Performance of co-operative bait detection scheme to avoid attacks in MANET”in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Nithya of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “ Multi-Band LTE Antenna for 4G Mobile devices” in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Jenifer.J of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “ Isolation Enchancement of two coupled Antenna using Decoupling network in MIMO appliczations” in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Hina Pal of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “ Seven application high gain antenna for indoor distribution antenna system” in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Krithiga.S of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “ Simulation of NC-OFDM Link for cognitive radio application” in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Revathi K of M.E Communication System has presented a paper titled “ MIMO selfheterodyne OFDM using relay path analysis” in the “National Conference on Communication And Control Systems” organized by ECE Department and EIE Department of KCG College Of Technology on 16th April,2016.
- Adhithiya of ME Communication Systems presented a paper titled Improving the network life time in MANET using sleepex nodes” in the National Conference on”Smart Information Light Fidelity Internet of Things Conference “ orgazied by the department of ECE on 16 and 17 March 2016 at Dr.M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute.
2. Workshop/Seminar/Symposium events attended:
|Sl.No||Title of program||Institution attended and Place||Duration||Name of students attended|
|1||ACE TECH FEST’16||Easwari engineering college||12 Aug 16||Keerthana .R|
|2||Hands on training on IoT||Dr.MRG Educational and Research institute||29 July 16||Nithin kumar.M|
|3||Research advances in/micro device application- Paper presentation||KCG college of Tech nology||29 Feb 16||Kailash .G|
|4||Research advances in/micro device application- Paper presentation||KCG college of Tech nology||29 Feb 16||Kowligi Vijaya Sri Hari|
|5||Paper presentation on DNA Cryptography||KCG College in association with IETE||29 Feb 16||P.Soundarya|
|6||Paper presentation on DNA Cryptography||KCG College in association with IETE||29 Feb 16||C.Suganthi|
|7||Paper presentation on Quantum Computing||KCG College in association with IETE||29 Feb 16||S.Ranjini|
|8||Recruitment-Implementation of energy recovery for low power app-Paper presentation||Innovation of engineering & technology||13 Feb 16||Kowligi Vijaya Sri Hari|
3. Extra Curricular Activities
Anna University Representation
- Our Handball Men Team PlayerPragadeshwaran of ECE first year has been selected to represent Anna University in South Zone Inter University Handball Men Tournament held at Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
State Level Acheivements
- Our Handball Men team was the Winners of the Anna University Zone III Men Handball Tournament held on 28/09/2015 at Agni College of Technology, Chennai.
Students Name: Pragadeeshwaran M (1st year)
- Our Tennis (singles) Men were the Winners & Runners in PITS SPORTIVA-2015 Tennis Singles Tournament held from 1st to 3rd Oct 2015 at PITS, Thanjavur.
Students Name: Venkateshwaran J (3rd year), Vijay sai (2nd Year)
- Our Football Men team secured Runner up with a cash price of Rs. 7000 & Trophy at ‘Chancellor’s Trophy, 2015 from 21st to 24th Sep,2015 at Hindustan University, Chennai.
Students Name: Goutham K (3rd year)
- Our Handball Men Team has secured THIRD Place in ANNA FEST–2016 Tournament held from 12 to 14 Feb 2016 at Anna University, Chennai.
Students Name: Pragadeeshwaran M (2nd year)
- Our Handball & Football Men team won Third Place in ‘Buck Memorial Tournament’ held from 18th to 21st Aug2015 at YMCA College of Physical Education, Chennai.
Students Name: Pragadeeshwaran M (1st year)
- Our Football and Tennis Men team has secured THIRD Place in SAVEETHA TROPHY–2016 Tournament held on 26&27 Feb 2016 at Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai.
Students Name: Goutham K (4th year)
- Our Tennis Team secured the Third Place in SSN Trophy-2015 held from 25th to 28th Aug,2015 at SSN, Chennai.
Students Name: Venkateshwaran J (3rd year), Vijay sai (2nd Year)
- Dr.V.Thulasi Bai , Professor and Head Research & ECE was awarded IETE-Technomedia Award for Young Women in Engineering (2016) for her significant contribution in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering and related fields for more than 15 years. The award consists of a medal, plaque and cash prize of Rs 5,000/.
- Dr.V.Thulasi Bai , Professor and Head Research & ECE was awarded IEEE Award for Professional Achievement(2016) from IEEE Chennai Chapter.
- Dr.Sumathi Poobal, Vice-Principal received an award towardsuntiring and dedicated academic contribution at KCG College of Technology as a part Golden Jubilee celebrations of Hindustan Groups of institutions on 26th Sep 2016
- Dr.V.Thulasi Bai , Professor and Head Research & ECE was awarded Young Scientist Award in 2008 by DST, Govt of India under Fast Track Scheme For Young Scientists.
- Dr.Deepa Jose , Associate Professor ECE was awarded IET-Best Guide/Mentor by IET RAC,Chennai for the year 2016.
|1||Ms.B.Thyla||Lecture on Advance Communicaton Systems||ICTACT,Chennai||14 Oct 2016|
|2||Ms.Abida Begam.S||1 day workshop on Software Safety and Security of Medical Services||Anna University||30 Sep 2016|
|3||Ms.B.Vidhya||NAAC Awareness Training on Quality systems an Higher Education||Anna University||29-30 Sep 2016|
|4||Dr.Sumathi poobal||IET-IOT||IET-IOT Congress , Bengaluru||6-8 Sep 2016|
|5||Ms.B.Vidhya||Art of Writing paper and Proposals||KCG college of Technology||20 Aug 2016|
|6||Ms.Nirmala Devi||Art of Writing paper and Proposals||KCG college of Technology||20 Aug 2016|
|7||Dr.Thulasi Bai||TOT training on Solar technology||ENACT ,Pondicherry University||18 – 20 Aug 2016|
|8||Ms.B.Thyla||IET Editage Paper publishing Workshop||KCG college of Technology||8 Aug 2016|
|9||Ms.Nirmala Devi||IET Editage Paper publishing Workshop||KCG college of Technology||8 Aug 2016|
|10||Mr.Jose Anand||IET Editage Paper publishing Workshop||KCG college of Technology||8 Aug 2016|
|11||Mrs.Kavitha Balamurugan||Workshop on Outcome Based Education||KCG College of Technology||7 – 10 July 2106|
|12||Mrs.Kavitha Balamurugan||Emotional Intelligence||CTI Womens Empowerment||23 June 2016|
|13||Dr.V.Subborayon||FDP on IoT-Ideation||KCG College of Technology||20-21 June 2016|
|14||Mr.Thomas Leonid||FDP on IoT-Ideation||KCG College of Technology||20-21 June 2016|
|15||Ms.Renganayaki||FDP on IoT-Ideation||KCG College of Technology||20-21 June 2016|
|16||Mr.Jose Anand||FDP on IoT-Ideation||KCG College of Technology||20-21 June 2016|
|17||Mrs.Kavitha Balamurugan||FDP on IoT-Ideation||KCG College of Technology||20-21 June 2016|
|18||Mr.Jose Anand||Advanced topics in signal processing RF and wireless communication||IITDM,Kanchipuram||13-15 June 2016|
|19||Ms.Jaraline Kirubavathy||EC 6502-Principles of DSP||Rajalakshmi institute of trechnology||9-10 June 2016|
|20||Ms.B.Thyla||EC 6502-Principles of DSP||Rajalakshmi institute of trechnology||9-10 June 2016|
|21||Dr.Deepa Jose||EC 6502-Principles of DSP||Rajalakshmi institute of trechnology||9-10 June 2016|
|22||Mr.Thomas Leonid||EC 6502-Principles of DSP||Rajalakshmi institute of trechnology||9-10 June 2016|
|23||Dr.Sumathi poobal||Workshop on incubation, R&D and other developmental schemes of Government of India||EDI, Chennai||13 June 2016.|
|24||Mr.Jose Anand||2 days Workshop on Basics of Solar PV systems and components||Anna University||3-4 June 2016|
|25.||Ms.Abida Begam.S||2 days Workshop on Basics of Solar PV systems and components||Anna University||3-4 June 2016|
|26||Dr.Deepa Jose||2 days Workshop on Basics of Solar PV systems and components||Anna University||3-4 June 2016|
|27||Mr.Jose Anand||2 day Workshop on Embedded Systems||Jeppiar-SRR Engineering College||5-6 May 2016|
|28||Mr.Thomas Leonid||2 day Workshop on Embedded Systems||Jeppiar-SRR Engineering College||5-6 May 2016|
|29||Ms.Aida Jones||Innovation and Learder ship DNA summit||M.O.P Vaishnav college for women||23 Jan 2016|
|30||Mr.Thomas Leonid||Workshop on System Design XYNQ using STSOC||IIT Madras||2-3 Jan 2016|
Activities Conducted/Organized in the Department
|1||Dr.V.Subbrayaon||De-Stressing||KCG College of Technology||14 Oct 2016|
|Workshop on Arduino||EFY-KCG Tech center
KCG College of Technology
|22-23 Jul 2016|
|3||Mr.Jose Anand||Paper Presentation competition||KCG College of Technology||22 Aug 2016|
|4||Dr.Deepa Jose||FDP on Art of writing paper and proposals||KCG College of Technology||20 Aug 2016|
|Certificate course on Robotics and Embedded systems||KCG College of Technology||18-20 Aug 2016|
|Workshop on PCB Design||EFY-KCG Tech center
KCG College of Technology
|17-18 Aug 2016|
|Embedded Systems||KCG College of Technology||11-12 Aug 2016|
|2 day workshop on MATLAB using Engineering Applications||KCG College of Technology||4-5 Aug 2016|
|9||Dr.Deepa Jose||Practical Issue in Antenna Application and design||KCG College of Technology||3 Aug 2016|
|10||Mr.Jose Anand||DSP using Matlab||KCG College of Technology||
25 July 2016
|11||Mr.Jose Anand||Challenges on Analog IC design||KCG College of Technology||14 July 2016|
|12||Mr.Jose Anand||Internet of Things||KCG College of Technology||13 July 2016|
|13||Mr.Jose Anand||Cognitive Radio Concepts||KCG College of Technology||12 July 2016|
|Workshop on PCB Design||EFY-KCG Tech center
KCG College of Technology
|8-9 July 2016|
|Paper Presentation||KCG College of Technology|
|National Conference on Communication and Control systems||KCG College of Technology||14 April 2016|
|Mini project Competition||KCG College of Technology||29 Mar 2016|
Ms.Nirmal Devi K
|FDP on Low Power Design||KCG College of Technology||14 – 15 Nov 2016|
|FDP on NS-2 for Wireless Network||KCG College of Technology||3 – 4 Nov 2016|
|FDP on IOT based Antenna Design using HFSS||KCG College of Technology||29 – 30 Nov 2016|
Staffs of ECE have visited the following industries regarding the various consultations and project collaboration.
- Jose Anand and Mr.Thomas Leonid went for an Industrial Visit to Saint-Gobain India Private Limited, World Class Complex, Sriperumbudur, through PALS on 20thOctober 2016.
- Sumathi Poobal, Vice-Principal visited Michelin Tyres Ltd to discuss about their CSR activity on 5th July 2016
- Sumathi Poobal, Vice-Principal visited Automation and Robotics lab at SA Engineering college on 8th Aug 2016
Patent Details- ECE Department
- V. Thulasi Bai, System and method for monitoring, alerting and patient location identification using portable telecardiac device-Application No.1913/CHE/2007.
- V. Thulasi Bai, Method and system for a fully automated real-time telehealth kiosk- Application No. 1684/CHE/2007.
- V. Thulasi Bai , Multicore FPGA Based Portable Telecardiac System – Application No. 1556/CHE/2012
- V. Thulasi Bai , Design and Implementation of Knowledge Management system for Ancient Tamil Inscriptions on Android platform-Application No :.2841/CHE/2012
- Deepa Jose , IOT Based Virtual Health Monitoring System Application Number:: E-2/1136/2016-CHE
Centre for Excellence
The Department is approved as a recognised research centre for doing Ph.D. and M.S. (By Research) programmes by Anna University.The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate. Well established laboratories are equipped with state of the art instruments for pursuing research in core areas of electrical and electronics engineering. The department owns a Centre of Excellence which cater to the needs of researchers for pursuing research with the latest state to art equipments with an objective to be a vibrant research centre involved in creating an academic environment that is suitable for sustainable research activities and to have industrial tie-up for collaborative research in emerging areas, to deliver the latest research in the field as well as share expertise from wind and solar power projects in industry.
The Centre is committed to excellence in fundamental research as well as the development of innovative technologies for the future. It encourages its researchers to participate in a wide range of international research collaborations. The Centre creates unique opportunities for conducting and supporting research, particularly in inter and multi disciplinary areas.It has established MOUs with Vinchip Systems Pvt Ltd, Contemporary Verification Consultants, Allied Electronics, Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Telecom Training Centre, BSNL and Electronics for You. The centre for Research has conducted Three National Workshops and one National Conference.
The internal projects carried out at the centre for excellence are
An Low Power and Area efficient Shift Register with Pulsed Latches
- Implementation of constant Multiplier using FIR Filter
- Design and Implementation of Energy Efficient Approximate Multiplication for DSP applications.
- Highly Compressed Pattern Generation Scheme for Error Resilient VLSI Testing.
- Design and Implemetation of Reliable Low Power Multiplier using Fixed Width Replica Redundancy block
- Input Based Dynamic Reconfiguration of Approximate Arithematic Unit for Video Encoding
- Design and Implementation of high performance Modular Multiplier based on improved Montgomery Modular Multiplication Algorithm
- Design and Analysis of approximate Compressor for Multiplication
- Fault Tolerant Parallel FFT using Error Correction Codes and Parseval Codes.
Journal Details: (2015 – 2016) – Staff
1. Sumathi Poobal, “Performance Analysis Of Secured Position Based Routig In Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology,Volume7, Issue 2,pp.196-200, ISSN 0976-3945
2. V. Thulasi Bai,” An Effective Online Gross Movements Screening Tool for Dyslexia based on Kinesthetic Perception”, International Journal Of Applied Engineering Research, pp.28975-28986,Vol.10, No.11, ISSN 0973-4562, 2015
3. V. Thulasi Bai ,”Separating Fetal ECG Signal from Maternal ECG Using ANFIS with Gamma Filter in VLSI”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, Issue 4, ISSN(Online) : 2319-8753 ISSN (Print) : 2347-6710, 2016
4. ThulasiBai V”A Novel Approach for Authenticated data transmission in sensor private network”, Sensor Letters, Vol.13, Issue 6, pp.506-516, 2015 (Web of Science Indexed)
5. Renganayaki.G “Design and Analysis of f2g Gate using Adiabatic Technique” has been published inInternational Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN (Online): 2319-7064 Index Copernicus Value (2013): 6.14 | Impact Factor (2015): 6.391 Volume 5 Issue 6, June 2016
6. Kavitha Balamurugan “Multi Application Antenna for Wi-Fi, Wi-Max and Bluetoooth for better Radiation Efficiency” in International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science (IJSEAS ),Vol 1, Issue 4, ISSN:2395-3470, Impact factor : 0.217, July 2015
7. Nirmala Devi, Pulsed Latch based Low power and Area Effective shift register using Trigger Generator” has been Published in International Journal For Research In Emerging Science And Technology(IJREST), Vol 3, Issue 5, PP.14-18, E-ISSN: 2349-7610, Impact factor : 2.173, May 2016
8. Nirmala Devi , Pulsed Latch Based Low Power And Area Effective Shift Register, has been Published in International Journal Of Science And Innovative Engineering & Technology(IJSIET), Volume 1, Issue 1, ISBN:978-81-904760-8-9, Impact factor : 1.672, May 2016
9. Nirmala Devi “Tracking of Ballistic missiles using Kalman Filter” has been published in International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering And Technology (IJARTET) Volume 3, Issue 4, April 2016, ISSN: 2394-3777,IF:0.753
10. Jeena Maria Cherian, “Realization of Programmable PRPG with Enhanced Fault Coverage Gradient”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 2286,2015, ISSN: 2319-7064.
11. Jeena Maria Cherian, “Atmospheric Turbulence and Pointing Errors Effects in the Performance Matrices of Wireless Optical Links”, International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Technology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 831,2015, ISSN: 2180-3706. Impact factor 1.2456
12. Jeena Maria Cherian, “Design and Simulation of dispersion free PCF in 1530-1565 nm wavelength Band”, International Journal of Computer Informatics & Technological Engineering, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 831,2015, ISSN: 2348-8557. Impact factor 1.2456.
13. T. Thomas Leonid “Voice Transmission using LIFI” has been Published International journal of revolution in Electrical and Electronics engineering E-ISSN: 2350-0212, March 2016.
14. T. Thomas Leonid” Implementation of Portable Camera Based product label reading for blind persons using Raspberry pi 2 “has been Published International journal of revolution in Electrical and Electronics engineering E-ISSN: 2350-0212, March 2016.
15. Jose Anand, “Malevolent Detection Techniques of MANETs in WSN: A Review”, International Journal for Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), Vol. 5, Issue 6, pp. 48-54, ISSN: 2277-3754.
16. B.Vidhya, “HEAL Method for Structural Health Monitoring”, proceedings of International Journal For Research In Emerging Science And Technology, E-Issn: 2349-7610, Volume-3, Issue-5,Pp-72-79, May-2016.
17. B.Vidhya, “A Combined Approach of DCT and DWT in Image Compression” proceedings ofInternational Journal of Applied Engineering Research(Annex II journal) -, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.87 (2015), pp- 81-84.
18. K.Sivachandar, Implementation Of High Speed modular Multiplier Using Optimized Hybrid Multiplication, International Journal of Emerging Technology in Computer Science & Electronics (IJETCSE), June 2016, Vol No.23, Issue No.2,Page No 73-76,ISSN:0976-1353,Impact Factor 1.012.
19. Rajagopal R “Enhanced Privacy Preservation and Repudiation for VANET’S” has been Published in International Journal For Research In Emerging Science And Technology, Volume-3, Issue-2, E-ISSN: 2349-7610, Impact factor : 2.173, FEB-2016
20. Rajagopal R “Efficient Handoff Based Privacy Preservation for VANET” has been Published in International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 5 Issue 3, ISSN (Online): 2319-7064, Impact factor : 6.391, March 2016
21. Rajagopal R “Design and Implementation of Lifting Based Two Dimensional Discrete Wavelet Transform” has been published in International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), Volume 5, Issue 1, ISSN 2319 – 4847, Impact factor: 5.427, January 2016
22. Deepa Jose, Content addressable memory using automatic charge balancing with self control mechanism and master –slave match line design, Circuits and Systems Issue 7,pp. 567-611, May 2016.
23. Deepa Jose, Implementation of Optimized Montgomery modular Multiplier on FPGA, International Journal Of Advanced Research In Biology, Engineering, Science And Technology(Accepted as Best Research Paper, Google Scholar and 100+Indexing
24. Deepa Jose , Area Efficient Cordic FFT Using Error Correction Codes And Parseval Checks For Ofdm Systems, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences VOL. 11, NO. 5, MARCH 2016, 3534-3540 (Scopus Indexed Anna University Annexure II Journal )
25. Deepa Jose, D Yamuna, D Jose, R Rajagopal , Design and Implementation of Lifting Based Two Dimensional Discrete Wavelet Transform, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), Volume 5, Issue 1, pp.24-29 January 2016 (Thomson Reuters and Google Scholar)
26. J. Raja Paul Perinbam, D. Ebenezer and R. Vasanthi1, “Iris Recognition Optimized By Ica Using Parallel Cat Swarm Optimization” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, VOL. 10, NO. 11, JUNE 2015, pp. 4942 – 4947. ISSN 1819-6608
27. J.Raja Paul Perinbam, D.Ebenezer, “Biometric Approach of Iris Recognition Using Geodesic Active Contours”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 10, Number 17 (2015), pp. 13423 – 13428.
28. J.Raja Paul Perinbam, “Iris Authentication Using ICA Optimized By Cuckoo Search Algorithm” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.2 (2015) pp. 1606-1610
29. J.Raja Paul Perinbam,”Person Identification with Iris Recognition Based on Generalized Structure Tensor”, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 23 (Sensing, Signal Processing and Security): pp. 184-189, 2015. ISSN 1990-9233
30. Raja Paul Perinbam J, ‘Runtime Buffer Management To Improve The Performance In Irregular Network-on-Chip Architecture’, Sadhana-Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, Vol.40, No. 4, 2015, pp. 1117-1137. ISSN: 0256-2499
31. J. Raja Paul Perinbam, ‘Performance of optimized routing in biomedical wireless sensor networks using evolutionary algorithms’, Comptes Rendus de L’Academie Bulgare des Sciences, Vol. 68, No. 8, pp. 1049-1054, 2015. IF 0.38
32. J. Raja Paul Perinbam, “Design of GA-Based Routing in Biomedical Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 9281-9292, 2015, ISSN: 0973-4562. IF 0.3/9
33. Shiju C Chacko”Design and Simulation of Low-Power Reconfigurable RCA and CLA by Using DMFA and HBFA,” International Journal For Research In Emerging Science And Technology, Volume-3, Issue-4, Apr 2016
34. S. Abida Begum “Implementation of Optimal Montgometry modular Multiplier on FPGA” in International Journal of Advanced Research in Biology, Engineering, Science and Technology(IJARBEST), Vol 2, Issue 4, ISSN: 2395-695X, 2016.
35. B.Vidhya, “HEAL Method for Structural Health Monitoring”, proceedings of International Journal For Research In Emerging Science And Technology, E-Issn: 2349-7610, Volume-3, Issue-5,Pp-72-79, MAY-2016.
36. B. Vidhya, “A Combined Approach of DCT and DWT in Image Compression” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research(Annex II journal) -, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.87 (2015), pp- 81-84.
37. Thyla.B has published an Journal on “Trespass Prevention System using IOT” in International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology (IJRASET) ISSN (Online): 2321-9653 Index Copernicus Value (2013): 13.98 | Impact Factor (2015): 6.391 Volume 4 Issue 4, April 2016
38. Thyla.B has published an Journal on “A Survey on Design of Compact LTE/WWAN Antenna for Tablet Computers” In International Journal Of Advanced Research In Science, Engineering And Technology Issn (Online): 2350-0328| Impact Factor (2015): 3.043 Volume 3 Issue 2, April 2016
Journal Details: (2015 – 2016) – Students
- V.Priyanka of KCG college of technology has participated in the Reorganisation of the publication of the paper entitled Malevolent Detection Techniques of MANETS in WSN: A Review, published in IJEIT Journals, Volume 5 issue 6,December’2015.
- Sibil Joseph has published the paper titled enhanced privacy preservation and Non-Repudiation for VANETS, Volume-3, issued 2, on 27,February 2016 with an impact factor of 2.173 of International Journal for Research in Emerging Science and technology (IJREST) (e-ISSN 2349-7610).
- V.Nithya of ECE department (M.E. Communication systems) of KCG college of Technology has published a Research paper entitled “A Survey on design of Compact LTE/WWAN Antenna for Tablet Computers” of IJARSET, Volume3, issue2, on 29th February’16.
- Sibil Joseph has published a paper entitled “Efficient handoff Based Privacy Preservation for VANET” in volume5,issue3 on March’16 held in International Journal of Science and Research.
Research centre Details- Department: ECE
- of Faculty with PhD- 5
- of Faculty doing PhD-5
- Faculty with Supervisorship- 4
Name of Supervisor University/Reference Number No. of PhD scholars Guiding Dr. J. Raja Paul Perinbam Anna University/ 9940245 4 Dr. V. Thulasi Bai Anna University/ 2440402
2-doing – 2 completed
1doing – 1 completed
Dr. Sumathi Poobal Hindustan University 4 Dr. Deepa Jose Anna University/2840046 Nil
- Scholars Perusing Research with Internal Guides @ Anna University Research centre-
S.No Name and Designation Guide 1 Mr. Kumaresan
RMK Engineering College, Chennai
Dr. J. Raja Paul Perinbam, 2 Mr. R. Parthheepan,
JNM Institute of Technology, Chennai
Dr. J. Raja Paul Perinbam 3 Mr. Robert Thevadas, Anand Institute of Technology, Chennai Dr. J. Raja Paul Perinbam 4 Mr. Jose Anand
KCG College of Technology
Dr. J. Raja Paul Perinbam 5 Mr.R.Thandiaha Prabhu
Prathyusha Engineering College
Dr.V. Thulasi Bai 6 MS.M.Benisha
Jeppiar Institute of Technology
Dr.V. Thulasi Bai 7 Ms.R.Muthalagu
Danalakhsmi College of Engineering
Dr.V. Thulasi Bai 8 Ms.G.Premalatha
Prathyusha Engineering College
Dr.V. Thulasi Bai 9 Ms.R.Meena
Prathyusha Engineering College
Dr.V. Thulasi Bai 10 Ms. H. Vidhya
Prathyusha Engineering College
Dr.V. Thulasi Bai
- Faculty Perusing Research with External Guides- 5
S.No Name and Designation 1 Kavitha Balamurugan/
Associate Professor, KCG College of Technology
2 Ms. Renganayaki G, Associate Professor, KCG College of Technology 3 Ms. Nirmala Devi K, Associate Professor, KCG College of Technology, 4 Ms. Vidhya B 5 Mr. T. Thomas Leonid 6 Ms.B.Thyla,AP_Senior scale 7 Mr.Sadasivam S, AP_Senior scale 8 Mr.K Sivachandar, AP_Senior scale 9 Mr.R Ragagopal, AP_Senior scale
Funds received from external funding agencies
|Sl .No.||Name of the Project/Programme||Principal Coordinator||Department||Funding Agency||Amount||Sanction Date||Duration|
|1||Medical Alarm||Ms. Georgina Binoy Joseph||ECE||DST under IEDC||Rs 1 Lakh||2012||2012- 2013|
|2||ChronosEZ430||Dr. Sumathi Poobal||ECE||DST
|Rs 1 Lakh||2011||2011-2012|
|3||Sensor Enabled automatic safety breaking mechanism||Dr. Sumathi Poobal||ECE||DST
|Rs 1 Lakh||2010||2010-2011|
|4||Money transfer using mobile||Dr. Sumathi Poobal||ECE||DST
|Rs 1 Lakh||2010||2010-2011|
|5||FDP on Hardware Verification Techniques||Dr. V. Subbaroyan||ECE||AICTE||Rs 2.56 Lakhs||2013||Two weeks|
|6||FDP on Control Systems||Dr. Rajapaul Perinbam
|EIE/ECE||Anna University||Rs.90,000||7.11.13||7 Days|
|7||FDP on VLSI Design||Dr. Rajapaul Perinbam
|ECE||Anna University||Rs.50,000||19.11.14||7 Days|
|8||Embedded System based Intelligent Irrigation System using WSN||Mr.Jose Anand||EIE/ECE||IEI||Rs.50,000||17.02.15||1 Year|
|9||Modeling & Simulation of NBC inlet Valve Operations for Arjun MBT MK -1||Dr.P.Deiva Sundari
Dr. Rajapaul Perinbam
Ms. M. A. Femina
Mr. S. Subash Chandra Bharathi
|EEE / ECE||CVRDE||Rs. 9.5 lakhs||16.02.2016||1 year
Staffs and students of ECE are members of various professional society which enables them to gain hands on experience in real-time applications through workshops and seminars, industrial visits .Activities like paper presentation, poster presentation and mini project challenge for every academic year will be organized. Few Professional bodies are listed below.
- IETE Students Forum
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is India’s leading recognised professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT. Founded in 1953. The IETE is the National Apex Professional body of Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and IT Professionals. It serves more than 1,25,000 members (including Corporate, Student and ISF members) through various 64 Centres, spread all over India and abroad. The Institution provides leadership in Scientific and Technical areas of direct importance to the national development and economy. Government of India has recognised IETE as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) and also notified as an educational Institution of national eminence. The objectives of IETE focus on advancing electro-technology. The IETE conducts and sponsors technical meetings, conferences, symposia, and exhibitions all over India, publishes technical journals and provides continuing education as well as career advancement opportunities to its members.The IETE focuses on advancement of the Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication, Computers, Information Technology and related areas. Towards this end the Institution promotes and conducts basic engineering and continuing technical education programmes for human resource development.
- IEEE Students Chapter
The IEEE provides learning opportunities within the engineering sciences, research, and technology. The goal of the IEEE education programs is to ensure the growth of skill and knowledge in the electricity-related technical professions and to foster individual commitment to continuing education among IEEE members, the engineering and scientific communities, and the general public.
- EWB Students Chapter
Engineers without Borders (EWB) are a non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to developing and implementing long-term sustainable engineering solutions in communities that lack access to basic needs. Chapters work in partnership with the community and local NGOs to identify the most appropriate solution that can be sustained long term by the community.EWB projects are not just about the engineering. They welcome all students who are motivated and eager to serve. From building a social and cultural connection with a community, to putting together a comprehensive education program for the given technology to implement, they need students of all different majors and training.
Through their experiences innovating, travelling, and learning, EWB student group has become a tight-knit community within India.
- BES- Alignment Check
The Broadcast Engineering Society (India) was established in 1987 and is registered with the Registrar of Societies, Delhi, India. The Society has it’s headquarter at New Delhi and has 12 Local Chapters spread across the country.
The main objectives of the BES (I) are:
- To promote the advancement and dissemination of knowledge & practices of broadcasting in the field of Radio, Television and other media.
- To enhance the knowledge of broadcast engineering professionals.To meet these objectives, the Society conducts conferences, seminars, tutorials and exhibitions regularly. The signature event of the society, BES Expo, an International conference and exhibition, is conducted every year in New Delhi. All major Exhibitors, delegates and visitors from India and abroad participate in this event. Every EXPO has a theme on the current broadcast situation. BES EXPOs have been approved by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India and endorsed by the International Association of Broadcast Manufacturers (IABM) and DRM. These events have been supported by Prasar Bharati, ABU, UNESCO, Society of Broadcast Engineers, USA, Ministry of Communications & IT, Govt of India and IGNOU. The Society has over 2,500 Life Fellows/Members. 37 leading organizations in the country are its Corporate Members. The Society brings out a quarterly technical journal, known as BES Review it has also brought out other publications.Society also promotes technical innovations and excellence, by facilitating prestigious BES Awards to individuals for their outstanding contributions in the field of Broadcast engineering every year.
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of Technology education. ISTE has an Executive Council at National level. It has active membership of more than 97286 technical teachers, 5, 66,466 student members, more than 2345 institutional members (including IITs, IISc.., NITs and other leading technical institutions), 1166 faculty chapters and 1280 students’ chapters throughout the country. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organisations. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/Department of Science and Technology/MIT/State Govts are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education.
The Institution of Engineers is the national organization of engineers in India. The Institution of Engineers (India) has more than one million members in it’s 15 engineering disciplines in 125 centres or chapters located in India and overseas; it is the world’s largest multi-disciplinary engineering professional society in engineering and technology world. The Institution of Engineers (India) was established in 1920 in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is acclaimed to have pioneered non-formal education in engineering. The Institution of Engineers (India) conducts a regular examination of its associate membership. This examination is considered to be equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech when contemplated as an eligibility qualification write competitive examinations like the Indian Civil Service, Indian Engineering Services, GATE, etc., and for employment in Government, public and private sectors in India. This qualification is recognized by the Ministry of HRD, government of India, as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with Over 167,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most multidisciplinary – to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century.
The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.